Common Initial Questions.
- What does it cost?
- What do I need to bring to our first meeting?
- We have worked off of everything, including a napkin sketch. The reality is the more details you have thought through, the better you will be able to convey what you want. This form may help get some of the basic questions out of the way. During your initial meeting, we will walk through any other pertinent questions.
Click for form -> Fillable Form PDF
Other items like pictures, sample layouts, graph paper sketches are all useful.
- Do I need to have a builder picked out before I get my print done?
- Short answer, No.
Will it help? Possibly. Different builders have different standard building practices. Sometimes builders use different products or practices because of their familiarity, or because of a product they desire to provide. Our suggestion is to work hand in hand with a builder to get the best final product. We are able to recommend several quality builders, many that we already have great working relations with, upon request.
- How many proofs do I get?
- We realize that sometimes you need that extra little bit of help deciding what you want. In light of this we have always included 2 free proofs prior to finalizing. As well as the option for additional proofs at an hourly fee if needed.
- How long till I get my print?
- Timelines differ slightly based on season (Dates aprox.).
March-September: 3-4 wk turn around per stage.
October-February: 1-2 wk turn around per stage.
Our goal is always to get you in within a reasonable timeframe.
Feel free to call for up to date turnaround times.
- How many copies of the blueprints do I get?
- Based on standard usage of prints you get 8 full sets of blueprints.
The added bonus is you also get an electronic version of the prints at no extra cost.
[PDF Version] - You can then email this versions to your subtrades, bank, supply store and so on.
Typically this is more than ample for the industry requirements, but extra prints can be made available for a small fee upon request.
- What if I am from out of town?
- We have provided prints through-out Canada.
Gander, NFLD, Regina, SK., Edmonton, AB and Trail B.C., to mention a few locations.
We have the ability to offer the full scope of our service online with Web Conferencing. With this technology you are able to meet and view the 'live' full 3d walkthroughs through an online meeting.
- Are these the construction documents we build off of?
Time has proven that they are some of the most adequate
working construction documents in the Peace Region.
These are the prints that the bank needs for mortgage approvals,
the building materials supplier does their 'take offs' from,
or any of your contractor/subtrades need to quote/work from.
- Is that actually what it is going to look like?
- Yes. Customers have often commented on how accurate of a representation the 3d walkthroughs/renders depicted their homes once completed. Finishes aside, it enables the spatially 'challenged' to really conceptualize what their home will look like once complete.
- What can you provide me (a builder) for marketing materials?
- Not many draftsmen can offer as diverse of a portfolio as we can.
We can provide everything from standard marketing floor plans,
3d model visualization on your own devices, to full house rendered videos.
High end renderings, watercolor renderings, artistic line drawings, we have it all.
- Can you change the color of paint in the house?
- Yes we can. However, as we have never attempted to establish an interior decorating business, we guard against too much interior designing. Typically, we discuss siding type/color, rock type, and other exterior finishes to include them in the initial input. Any further decorating is typically done during revision meetings and is tracked hourly.
- Do I own the copyright to the blueprints?
- Further reading, as per standard industry practice and copyright laws.
Click PDF on this subject.
Written by Patricia Hawke .
- What if I am struggling with ideas?
- Here is a link to houzz. Website full of ideas.
Follow for social media updates.